3/17 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Tour of Holocaust Museum
Please join us for a docent-led tour of the Illinois Holocaust Museum in Skokie on Sunday, March 17 from 1 to 3:45 p.m. During the first 90 minutes, we will tour the permanent Karkomi Holocaust Exhibition which weaves Survivor narratives, personal belongings, photographs, and videos into a moving experience. The tour of the Karkomi Exhibition will be followed by a 45-minute, interactive, holographic Survivor Stories Experience in the Take a Stand Center. Visitors will be able to interact with Holocaust survivors as they listen to them tell their stories. The Karkomi Exhibition is recommended for ages 12 years and older.
Please see more details below including an RSVP link. Your RSVP is needed by Wednesday, March 13. If the group is large enough, we will obtain two docents.
- What: Tour of the Illinois Holocaust Museum
- When: Sunday, March 17, 2019
- Where: 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie, IL 60077
- Time: 1–3:45 p.m.
- Carpool: Meet at church at 12:30 p.m.
- Cost: The tour must be prepaid which I will do. Please indicate your ticket category on the RSVP sheet by Wednesday, March 13 and reimburse me in cash on the day of the tour.
- Adults: $15
- Seniors: (65+): $12
- Students (12-22): $8
- Retired/active Military personnel & up to 5 family members: 50% Off
- Members: Free
- Post-Tour Fellowship, 4–5 pm: Following the tour, we will gather at a nearby cafe/restaurant (TBA) for refreshments/snack and enjoy fellowship.
- RVSP: To RSVP, click here and indicate your preferences by Wednesday, March 13. An early RSVP is needed in order for me to secure and pre-pay our tour.
- Handicap accessible, free parking, free coat check
If you have questions, please email Nancy Tarpey Cole.